CONTINUED STRONG PERFORMANCE FROM PLAYTECH IN Q3-2013
Revenues rise 16 percent, boosted by strong online casino and sports betting performance.
The Isle of Man-based online gambling provider Playtech plc has posted another set of strong quarterly performance results, reporting that group revenues rose 16 percent, boosted by a 24 percent rise in casino returns and growing sports betting success.
Reporting on performance in the three months ended September 30, the company highlighted the following quarter-on-quarter revenue stats:
* Total revenues up 16 percent to Euro 90.6 million (Q3-2012: Euro 79.9 million)
* Casino revenues up 24 percent to Euro 46.8 million (Euro 38.5 million)
* Services (including Poker Strategy) up 7 percent at Euro 28.5 percent (Euro 26.9 percent)
* Bingo slightly down at Euro 4.2 million (Euro 4.4 million)
* Sports betting delivered a strong result, up 39 percent at Euro 3.4 million (Euro 2.6 million)
* Poker down significantly by 21 percent to Euro 3.2 million (Euro 4.1 million)
* Videobet revenues stable at Euro 2.9 million.
* Cash on hand as at September 30 was a healthy Euro 523.2 million.
Issuing a trading update Tuesday, Management advised that average daily revenue for the first 27 days of Q4-2013 is up over 12 percent on Q4-2012 and up over 5 percent on Q3-2013.
Operational highlights included:
* Acquisition of PokerStrategy
* Ladbrokes launched Vegas tab in July
* Bet365 launched mobile LIVE on HTML5 in September
* First launch of HTML5 mobile poker in September with two licensees
* Mobile poker native iOS application approved by the French App store
* Currently, the business geographical split is Europe 64 percent; Asia 25 percent and rest of the world 11 percent.
Mor Weizer, Playtech's chief executive officer, commented:
Playtech has continued its growth through the third quarter and the management team is confident of achieving market expectations for the full year and beyond.
Click here to read latest General news